The Paraguard Stretcher is specifically designed to be a compact and versatile stretcher, making it ideal for search and rescue operations. The design of this particular stretcher means that it can be used to rescue casualties from building collapse, industrial incidents and/or confined spaces.
The major benefits of choosing this variety of paraguard stretcher is that:
- It is constructed from top quality synthetic materials such as stainless steel and aluminium
- It is impervious to water, grease, oil and other petroleum products
- It has been approved for use by many authorities including NATO
- It is quick and simple to use with straps to secure the arms, chest, thighs and lower legs. The head is then held in place by a 3 point, non-slip forehead strap. A figure of eight strap then supports the feet
- It has been designed for simple storage and ease of transport, with the stretcher packing into a backpack supplied as standard
- To enhance the control of infection the flaps are able to be wiped clean and the patient pads may be detached from the base for washing
- It is particularly useful when used during high building and helicopter rescues
The Paraguard Stretcher also comes with various accessories to make it even safer to use and to increase its versatility. These are:
- A four points lifting sling which attaches with lightweight karabiners which makes it easier when you are lifting horizontally
- Slot in carrying handles which fit onto the head and foot end of the Paraguard stretcher allowing two rescuers to carry the casualty
- A vest style shoulder harness which attaches onto the handles, further helping to distribute the weight of the stretcher between the rescuers
- An additional foul weather sheet to provide protection to the casualty for rescues taking place in adverse weather conditions
This versatile stretcher almost doubles in length from 920mm folded to 1820mm when deployed. The Paraguard stretcher is also 250mm wide when fully deployed, weighing 11kg and with a maximum load capacity of 136kg.