The Stairline Apex 160powered stair climber is an upgrade of the Stairline Apex 130 with improved controls as well as having the inverted cow horn handles which provide better manoeuvrability. The Stairline Apex 160 powered stair climber will carry people up and down stairs in the comfort of their wheelchairs without them having to move away from them as both passenger and wheelchair are picked up and moved with ease. Research has shown that people who are use to being in wheelchairs prefer to stay in their wheelchair than be transferred to another form of transport for moving up and down stairs.
Stairline Apex 160 Benefits
- Inherently stable and safe as the caterpillar track cover up to three stairs noses.
- Even easier controls for the operator to manage.
- Little effort required from the operator to manoeuvre the stair climber with passenger.
- Aesthetically more pleasing design
- New increased weight capacity of 160kg.
- Can accommodate wider wheelchairs with optional wheel support extensions
- Minimum Landing Size 110 x 110 cm
- Stair Angle – Up to 35 degrees
- Capacity – 160kg
- Weight – Base with Battery 44Kg
- Weight – Handles 17kg
- Total Weight – 61 kg
- Minimum Storage 148 x 93 x 66cms