The Albacmat is a flexible drag mat that is used to evacuate patients from nursing homes, residential homes and hospitals.
The Albacmat consists of :
- A red nylon sheet bonded to a polypropylene flexible board.
- Velcro straps restrain the patient.
- A foot pocket secures the feet.
- Slides over most types of surfaces including carpet, vinyl, concrete, bitumen and grass.
- Various handles allows two people to safely evacuate patients from hazardous situations.
The Albacmat comes in two sizes – Standard and Large. The differences between the two sizes are that large has the following:
- A larger torso dimension.
- 6 side carrying handles to provide better turning capability on landings.