The KED extrication device offers immobilisation for patients with suspected spinal injuries. It is constructed from vertically alligned ramin slats which provide supreme rigidity to help minimise further risk of injury during extrication. Wrap around head and chest flaps allow the rescuer to immobilise the cervical, thoracic and part of the lumber regions to help prevent rotation or angulation of the spine.
The Ked is not a lifting device and should not be lifted without a separate lifting device being provided.
Ked Extrication Device – Features
- Colour coded chest strap ensure ease of application.
- The chest flaps fold back allowing the KED to be used with monitoring equipment.
- Three large integral handgrips assist when extricating and placing the patient on a long backboard.
- The KED provides support during transportation through hospital treatment and transfer to radiology. Lateral and anterior-posterior x-rays may be performed with the KED in place.
- Maufactured from woven polyester with a polyvinyl coating on both sides.
- Supplied complete with a carrying case for convenient storage.
- Replacement neck pads are available.
- Length – 830mm (deployed) – 900mm (bag)
- Width – 800mm (deployed) – 270mm (bag)
- Weight – 3kg
- Load Capacity – 227kg
This product is manufactured by Ferno. Sure-Line are a preferred distributor for Ferno.