The Sked Stretcher or Sked Basic Rescue System (SK-200-OR) can be lifted both vertically and horizontally by winch from a tripod, crane or helicopter. It can be carried or dragged. The Sked Stretcher is used throughout the Oil and Gas, wind/renewables, construction and mining industries as well as any rescue situation. It has become the confined space rescue stretcher of choice.
The Sked Basic Rescue System SK-200-OR comes in its own Cordura backpack which makes storage and transportation simple. Each Sked Basic Rescue System come with:
- SK-201 The Sked Stretcher
- SK-202 Cordura Backpack / Towing Harness
- SK-203 Horizontal Lift Slings
- SK-204 Tow Strap
- SK-205 Removable webbing handles
- SK-206 Steel locking D carabiner
- SK-207 Vertical lift sling
For more detail of each item see below.
The Sked Stretcher can pass through a 16 inch diameter manhole.
- The Sked Stretcher SK-201 – fabricated from a unique plastic formula which is both flexible and durable. Securing straps with steel buckles are sewn onto the stretcher through brass grommets which contribute to the strength and durability .
- Cordura Backpack/Towing Harness SK-202 – this durable backpack which transforms into a towing harness, includes shoulder straps and pockets for storing the Sked accessories when not in use.
- Horizontal Lift Slings SK-203 – a pair of 9000 lb tensile strength slings are provided for hoisting the Sked Stretcher by helicopter or other haul / lift system in a horizontal position.
- Tow Strap SK-204 – this 6 foot strap with bronze snap hooks on each end attaches the Sked stretcher to the backpack, changing the backpack into a useful harness. It can be used by one or more people, in several configurations for towing the Sked. It is not to be used for hoisting patients.
- Removable Webbing Handles SK-205 – in addition to the four handles sewn onto the Sked Stretcher four additional removable handles are provided to allow the Sked to be carried by up to eight rescuers.
- Steel locking ‘D’ Carabiner SK-206 – a large locking D steel carabiner is included with the system for attaching the Sked Stretcher to a hoisting system.Sked Stretcher Used For Vertical LiftingThese carabiners are rated at a 9000 lb minimum break strength.
- Vertical Lift Sling SK-207 – for lifting in the vertical position, 30ft of 3/8″ PMI Kernmantle rescue rope with a minimum break strength of 5,265lbs is provided with a figure of 8 knot in the middle.
SK-200-OR Sked Basic Rescue System International Orange
SK-200-GR Sked Basic Rescue System OD Green
SK-208C Sked Cobra Buckles Conversion Kit – A retro fit kit to enable your Sked to be fitted with Cobra Buckles.