The Sked Water Rescue Flotation System
The Sked Water Rescue Flotation System comes in three options
- The SK-600 Basic Foam Flotation System (Foam Buoyancy Logs)
- The SK-600A Inflatable Flotation System (Inflatable by CO2 or by mouth)
- The SK-600B Hybrid Inflatable Flotation System (Same as SK-600A but with a 15lb lead ballast bag)
The Sked Water Rescue Flotation System maintains the Sked in a nearly vertical position in the water. It is self righting and keeps the patients head completely out of the water, even in rough seas. The side floats and chest pad provides buoyancy sufficient to support two rescuers in the water, in addition to the patient, while the lead shot filled ballast keeps the foot end down and the head elevated out of the water. The system is available in a variety of configurations, including an option with CO2 inflatable side float logs and an empty ballast bag with hook and loop closure which can be filled with sand or gravel prior to use.
The Sked SK600A Inflatable Flotation System
The Sked Inflatable Flotation System comes with:
- CO2 inflatable 5″ Diameter logs (pair) SK-605/SK-606 – each of the float logs has an inflatable bladder covered with durable black nylon. The logs can be inflated instantly with the included CO2 cartridges, or can be inflated by mouth.
- Inflatable Chest Pad SK-602 – the chest pad attaches to the front of the packaged patient, not allowing the patient to float in a face down position. The chest pad inflates with 1 to 2 breathes of air and provides 14lbs of buoyancy.
- Extra long handles SK-604 – a pair of long handles is included to help hoist the stretcher up onto a boat or dock.
- Empty ballast bag SK-607 – a durable bag with a hook and loop secured flap which can be filled with rocks or other heavy material in the field, eliminating the need for the rescuer to carry the 15lb regular ballast on extended excursions.