Here is a breakdown of our most recommended stretcher, the Scoop EXL Stretcher. Have a browse around the site at the full list of other scoop stretchers as well, to see which one is right for your situation.
The World Renowned Scoop EXL Stretcher
Ferno EXL Scoop Stretcher provides superior comfort and safety to patients who need spinal immobilization. The Scoop EXL eliminates the need for log-roll manoeuvres, which significantly decreases movement to the cervical spine. Two hinged, interlocking pieces allow operators to bring the two halves together beneath the patient and gently scoop them up. Made from X-ray translucent, composite material. Includes three burgundy restraints.
The Ferno EXL Scoop Stretcher is extensively used throughout the NHS and Ambulance Trusts. Simple to use, easy to position a patient onto the stretcher and now with an increased load capacity of 227kg
- Thermally-treated Polymer Construction does not get too hot or cold, keeping the patient more comfortable.
- Adjustable Length accommodates patients of multiple heights.
- Narrow Foot-end Frame improves handling in confined areas.
- Optional Speed-Clip Pins allow fast attachment or rearrangement of restraints.
- 227 Kg weight capacity.
- Uncouples at both ends of the stretcher to gently scoop up the patient, or uncouple only one end to use a scissor-type closing motion
- Oval profile and angled handles provide ergonomic ease of use
- Twin Safety Lock™ mechanism provides smooth locking and unlocking
- Head section is recessed for proper cervical alignment
- Easy-to clean surface is impervious to fluids
- X-ray translucent
- Folded length is 1194 mm (47 in.)
Also recommended as part of the EXL Stretcher package is the:
Combi Head Immobiliser
The Combi head immobiliser has now succeeded the Universal Head immobiliser. It will fit virtually any spine board including the 20 inch sports board, as well as fitting the range of Scoop Stretchers. This means that the emergency services as well as hospitals no longer require a different head immobiliser for the spine board and scoop stretcher.
Operating nationally and internationally we are based North West of London.
We will try to combine the traditional technical approach with quality product and a simple friendly attitude. We will achieve this by seeking out quality manufacturers and build a portfolio of leading products. We aim to combine these products developed by experts in their field with superior levels of customer service.
- Our aim is to bring a simpler approach to the emergency, evacuation and fire and rescue market sectors.
- We will provide a range of products which offer, quality and simplicity, ease of use and effectiveness.