Presenting our Our EXL-M Scoop Stretcher
A cyclist was treated for a serious head injury with the help of a scoop stretcher following an accident in Coventry. The wounded cyclist was taken to hospital for additional treatments with the aid of the scoop stretcher, but thankfully, his injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
Paramedics from the West Midlands Ambulance Service were called to reports of a crash between a car and a cyclist at the junction of the A444 and Stoney Stanton Road. An ambulance with two paramedics and a paramedic region support officer were on board to give aid.
A West Midlands Ambulance spokesperson stated that: “Upon arrival at the scene, crews found a cyclist lying in the road roughly 15ft away from the car he had allegedly been in collision with.
“The gentleman, believed to be in his 20s, was not wearing a helmet on arrival at the scene of the ambulance crew and was treated for a grave head injury and given oxygen at the scene. He had also had some suspected pelvic damage.”
He was restrained with the use of a neck collar, scoop stretcher and pelvic binder before being driven to University Hospital Coventry and Warwickshire who had to be alerted of the arrival beforehand due to the extent of his injuries but thankfully his injuries are though believed to be life threatening.
There were two other people involved in the accident in the car, a man and a woman, both were seen to for the consequences of a little shock and were then discharged while still at the scene.
Our EXL-M Scoop Stretcher, which is ideal for situations like these, is made from X-Ray translucent, lightweight high-impact composite materials. Twin hinges with Safety Lock® allow medics to pick up a patient without having to roll the patient over. An adjustable foot section with (4) length options accommodate patient of different heights. The EXL-M folds to 47” for compact storage. MRI compatible. Made in Italy.
- Made from lightweight, high-impact composite materials
- Twin Safety Lock® hinge for smooth and non-binding locking and unlocking
- Includes three restraints
- Two hinged, interlocking pieces allow operators to gently scoop up a patient without having to roll patient; decreasing movement to the cervical spine
- Folds to 47″ for compact carrying and storage
- Head section recessed to maintain proper cervical alignment
- Supports a patient in the position found reducing risk of further injury
- Easy-to-clean surface is impervious to fluids
- Thermally-treated polymer construction does not get too hot or cold, allowing for greater patient comfort| Four adjustable length options accommodate patients of different heights
- Narrow foot end and split-apart design provide easier use in confined space immobilization
- Oval profile and angled handles provide ergonomic ease of use