All you need to know to use a paraguard stretcher properly
To safeguard care and satisfaction with your Excel Rescue Paraguard Stretcher, all operators should read these instructions in their entirety, which can be found in detail in the accompanying handbook, as well as the separate sections of documented emergency care manuals, which link to the application and use of rescue gear.
Minimum recommended skills are as follows:
- The strength, balance, co-ordination and common sense to safely operate the stretcher.
- The ability to select the proper equipment and procedures for the circumstances.
- Operators should have operator certification (or equivalent).
- The ability to understand and follow the procedures described in this manual.
Operator Training Minimum recommended training is as follows:
- A training plan approved by an EMS training officer (or equivalent).
- Read and understand the instructions in this manual.
- Practice using the fully equipped stretcher with weight and under simulated conditions.
- Trainees should be tested to verify their understanding of stretcher operation.
The Paraguard Excel Rescue Stretcher, should be incorporated into the users formal training plan. Retain training records too, as annual refresher training for all stretcher operatives is recommended and will benefit from looking at the previous courses.
When relocating casualties, always notify them of what you are about to do. At all times you should follow decent lifting procedures as stated in the current manual handling guidelines and your correct training manual. Medical advice is outside of the factors listed in the manual. It’s the user’s responsibility to safeguard the safe techniques for both the patient and themselves. Engagement techniques, hefty patients, uneven terrain or uncommon circumstances may necessitate more rescuers.
Intended for a multitude of specific rescues, the Paraguard Excel Stretcher is solid, quick to apply and adaptable. It’s perfect for search and rescue jobs in structural building failure, industrial or narrowed space rescues. Built from quality synthetic material, stainless steel and aluminium, the Paraguard Excel Stretcher is resistant to oil, water, grease and other petroleum goods. It’s also impervious to rot and corrosion and is unaffected by long-term storage. Suitable for vertical or horizontal lifting, the Paraguard Stretcher may be used for high building or helicopter rescues.
Two trained emergency/rescue personnel are required to efficiently use the Paraguard Stretcher. When using extra help, emergency/rescue personnel should preserve control of the stretcher while guiding helpers. Keep the load limit of the Stretcher in mind during the course of all rescue procedures. Be careful when working with very heavy casualties.
This Rescue Paraguard Stretcher should be stowed away in a well-ventilated place, away from extremes in temperature, plus any excessive moisture including high humidity and salty atmospheres.