The Sked Rapid Deployment Water Rescue System SK-650-OR can be deployed and in the water in less than 30 seconds. This unique system features a Sked Stretcher pre-rigged for extremely rapid deployment into the water.
The Sked Rapid Deployment Water Rescue System SK-650-OR is designed especially for shipborne rescue, it puts the Sked Stretcher together with the Sked inflatable flotation system in a large custom made duffel bag. The system is kept fully rigged in the bag. When deploying the system, the user simply unzips the duffel bag, unrolls the Sked, triggers the CO2 cartridges, pulls two straps, and drops the ready to use system into the water.
Skedco also offers a Rapid Deployment conversion kit which includes everything for rapid deployment except the stretcher, – for those who already possess the Sked Basic Rescue Stretcher System.
The Sked Rapid Deployment Water Rescue System comes with:
- Basic Rescue Stretcher System SK-200– includes Sked Stretcher, Cordura Backpack/Towing Harness, Horizontal Lift Straps, Tow Strap, Removable Webbing Handles, Steel D Carabiner, Vertical Lift Sling.
- CO2 Inflatable Float Logs SK-605/SK606 – each of the float logs has an inflatable bladder covered with durable black nylon. The logs can be inflated instantly with the included CO2 cartridges or can be inflated by mouth.
- Inflatable Chest Pad SK-602– The chest pad attaches to the front of the secured patient, not allowing the patient to float in a face down position. The chest pad inflates with 1 – 2 breathes of air and provides 14 lbs of buoyancy.
- Ballast Weight SK-601 – a durable bag filled with 15 lbs of lead shot which attaches to the bottom of the Sked Stretcher with hooks and loop fastener. This makes the Sked Stretcher self right itself if it capsizes.
- Extra Long Handles SK-604 – a pair of extra long handles are included to help hoist the stretcher up onto a boat or dock.
- Sling and Carabiner Float SK-652– a handy float with loops on it, used to prevent the slings and carabiner from sinking into the Sked Stretcher. It prevents entanglement with the patients legs.
- Rapid Deployment Carrying Case SK-654- this specially designed duffel bag holds the rigged system, and has pockets for storing accessories.
- Rapid Deployment Conversion Kit SK-651- comes with everything above except the Sked Basic Rescue
SK-650-OR Sked Rapid Deployment System International Orange
SK-650-GR Sked Rapid Deployment System O.D Green
SK-651-OR Sked Rapid Deployment Conversion Kit International Orange
SK-651-GR Sked Rapid Deployment Conversion Kit OD Green