The Sked Stretcher or- Sked Basic Rescue System (SK-200-OR) can be lifted both vertically and horizontally by winch from a tripod, crane or helicopter. It can be carried or dragged. The Sked Stretcher is used throughout the Oil and Gas, construction and mining industries as well as any rescue situation. It has become the confined space rescue stretcher of choice.
The Sked Basic Rescue System Sk-200-OR comes in its own Cordura backpack which makes storage and transportation simple. Each Sked Basic Rescue System come with:
- SK-201 The Sked Stretcher
- SK-202 Cordura Backpack / Towing Harness
- SK-203 Horizontal Lift Slings
- SK-204 Tow Strap
- SK-205 Removable webbing handles
- SK-206 Steel locking D carabiner
- SK-207 Vertical lift sling
The Sked Stretcher can pass through a 16 inch diameter manhole.
- The Sked Stretcher SK-201 – fabricated from a unique plastic formula which is both flexible and durable. Securing straps with steel buckles are sewn onto the stretcher through brass grommets which contribute to the strength and durability .
- Cordura Backpack/Towing Harness SK-202 – this durable backpack which transforms into a towing harness, includes shoulder straps and pockets for storing the Sked accessories when not in use.
- Horizontal Lift Slings SK-203 – a pair of 9000 lb tensile strength slings are provided for hoisting the Sked Stretcher by helicopter or other haul / lift system in a horizontal position.
- Tow Strap SK-204 – this 6 foot strap with bronze snap hooks on each end attaches the Sked stretcher to the backpack, changing the backpack into a useful harness. It can be used by one or more people, in several configurations for towing the Sked. It is not to be used for hoisting patients.
- Removable Webbing Handles SK-205 – in addition to the four handles sewn onto the Sked Stretcher four additional removable handles are provided to allow the Sked to be carried by up to eight rescuers.
- Steel locking ‘D’ Carabiner SK-206 – a large locking D steel carabiner is included with the system for attaching the Sked Stretcher to a hoisting system.
These carabiners are rated at a 9000 lb minimum break strength.
- Vertical Lift Sling SK-207 – for lifting in the vertical position, 30ft of 3/8″ PMI Kernmantle rescue rope with a minimum break strength of 5,265lbs is provided with a figure of 8 knot in the middle.
SK-200-OR Sked Basic Rescue System International Orange
SK-200-GR Sked Basic Rescue System OD Green
SK-200C-OR Sked Basic Rescue System (upgraded with Cobra Buckles) International Orange
SK-200C-GR Sked Basic Rescue System (upgraded with Cobra Buckles) OD Green
SK-208C Sked Cobra Buckles Conversion Kit – A retro fit kit to enable your Sked to be fitted with Cobra Buckles fasteners.
(Click here or the link below)