A woman has been taken to hospital with minor injuries following a crash between Ombersley and Worcester. The woman’s car ended up upside-down following the crash at about 4pm this afternoon.
A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesman said two rapid response vehicles and an ambulance were called to the scene, but the driver, a woman in her 40s, had already been freed from the car by passers-by.
“She was immobilised on a scoop stretcher and was taken to Worcestershire Royal Hospital for further checks,” he said.
One lane of the northbound carriageway is still closed following the crash and traffic in the area is very slow as a result. Scoop stretchers can be invaluable in an accident such as this. Here is a quick look at the scoop stretchers we offer.
The scoop stretchers we offer at Sure-Line:
Ferno EXL Scoop Stretcher
- Uncouples at both ends to gently scoop up the patient in a gentle scissor type action.
- Thermally treated polymer construction which does not get hot or cold and keeps the patient more comfortable.
- Twin safety lock mechanism provides smooth locking and unlocking.
- Head section is recessed for proper cervical alignment.
- Adjusts quickly in 5inch increments for patients of different heights.
- Narrow foot end frame improves confined space handling.
- Easy to clean surface is impervious to fluids.
- Folds in half for compact storage.
- X-ray translucent.
- CT scan Compatible.
Ferno S-265 Scoop Stretcher
Designed so that personnel can uncouple either end, or both ends of the Stretcher to scoop up the patient using scissor type closing motion. Enables easy manoeuvrability, especially in confined spaces. Standard features include: Narrow foot-end frame for handling in confined areas Telescoping tubes allow length adjustments to fit patients of various heights Twin safety lock for smooth locking and unlocking Includes 3 patient restraints
A lightweight, durable Scoop for safe and effective immobilisation of fallen patients.
- Designed to be uncoupled at either or both ends of the stretcher.
- Scissor-type closing motion – no need for rolling or lifting.
- Adjustable lengthwise to accommodate different body sizes.
- Constructed entirely from lightweight aluminium.